How do I make my own Fortune Cookies? Many people are asking this. The Fortune Cookies is not the easiest cookie there is but with a bit of preparation it should be possible. You really don’t have to be a professional to make these delicious treats. Today, we will tell you the recipe for Fortune Cookies.
What do you need?
The ingredients needed to make around 15 Fortune Cookies are:
- 2 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 100g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
Step by step
To make this as clear and easy as possible we are going to give you all the steps needed to create your Fortune Cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ℃ and line a large baking sheet with baking parchment, you could also use a silicone baking sheet.
Write and print fortunes on paper measuring 6 cm long by 1 cm wide.
- Put the egg whites, almond extract, vanilla, sunflower oil and 2 teaspoons cold water into a bowl and whisk with an electric hand whisk until frothy, this will take 20 to 30 seconds.
Measure the flower, sugar, cornflour and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Then mix this with the egg white mixture. Whisk everything until you get a smooth batter-like consistency. Let the mixture chill for 1 hour.
- Put a tablespoon of mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Oil a metal spoon and use the back of it to shape the mixture into a circle 8 to 10 cm across. Make sure to have enough space between the circles as they will expand in the oven. It is best to only bake a couple cookies at a time, for you need to shape the cookies when they are still hot. Bake the cookies 10 to 12 minutes until the edges of them turn golden.
- Remove the cookies one at a time. Ideally you will want the cookies to be soft enough so that you can still shape them. Put the fortune you have written in the middle of the circle. Fold the circle in half and pinch the edges together to seal the cookie. Next, put the cookie on a mug or cup and very gently pull the corners down the get the well known Fortune Cookie shape. After doing that put the cookies into a muffin tin so that the cookies hold their shape.
Your first couple of cookies may be hard but with a bit of pushing through your next batch will be really good, we guarantee!
Fortune Cookies personalised for you!
Do you want to get your own personalised Fortune Cookies but not work for them? Or maybe you would like a really big number of cookies with personalised messages and personalised foil? You can order them and have them made, take a look at our Fortune Cookies.